The service provides listening and guidance
- Is life stressful?
- Are you struggling with illness?
- Have you suffered the loss of a loved one?
- Do you need to talk to someone?
The Chaplaincy service is here for you.
Chaplaincy in General Practice:
- promotes patient wellbeing by providing a highly skilled listening and guidance service
- is available for all patients irrespective of their faith, beliefs or cultural background
- has minimal exclusion criteria and offers equal access to all primary care patients and staff
- can be accessed by self-referral or referral by any member of the primary healthcare team
- provides confidential one-to-one booked appointments as often as is requested by the patient;
- uses an holistic approach: listening to each patient’s unique story, offering guidance which addresses emotional, social and spiritual needs and making referrals as appropriate
The Chaplaincy service offers confidential pastoral and spiritual care
This may include:
- Listening to your story
- Discussing your concerns and offering reflection and support
- Putting you in touch with other helpful agencies
- Providing useful resource material
- Helping you develop your own spiritual journey which may include the offer to pray
If you would be interested in this service please either complete a referral form, or ask a member of staff to complete a form for you.
Please ensure your telephone details are correct as somebody from the team will contact you by telephone for an initial chat.